Monday, March 22, 2010

No review this week, but that doesn't mean I haven't been eating Indian food...

Somewhere amidst the carefree-ness of spring break, the drunken revelry of St. Patty's day, and spending half the week going back-and-forth across Massachusetts, I found myself without the time or money to do my usual in-depth Indian buffet survey, but don't you think for a second that I went without ingesting curry in some form or another...


Enter the world of instant Indian meals. These vegetarian Indian delights come pre-made in a pouch which one can either heat in the microwave for 2 minutes, or submerge in a pot of boiling water for 4-5 minutes. One could view these as India's T.V. dinners. They're what I eat when I'm not lounging at an Indian buffet. The flavor doesn't match what I taste in my buffet reviews, but at $1-3 a pop at your local Indian grocery store, they're cheap as hell. They DO sell them in most local supermarkets, however, they usually cost $3-4, so buying these at an Indian grocery store is ideal. The Indian Grocery stores in the Lowell area, where I buy these meals include Palika Bazaar on Drum Hill, East West Foods on Middlesex Ave., and Super Bazaar in the AMC plaza in Tyngsboro. I'll leave you with links to some of the makers of these instant meals:


Here's even a blog that reviews an instant Indian meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment